Provide technical support for Executive Communications (Exec Comms) networking; from planning & design through deployment. These efforts include the full range of infrastructure engineering design; enterprise architecture standards; prototyping; integration; including; but not limited to; concept development; planning; requirements definition and analysis; systems design; integration; and deployment of LAN; WAN; wireless; Voice over IP (VOIP) systems and networks; Public Key Infrastructure (PKI); firewall and network security; high availability infrastructures; designing and prototyping. Scope includes network devices/systems/applications that are used by the executive staff to communicate in a secure and non-secure manner. Examples are Apple; Android; Choose Your Own Device (CYOD); Voice Over IP (VOIP) and proprietary devices; that could be used to provide services to the executive staff. Existing systems infrastructure consists of Blackberry Exchange Services (BES12); MS Outlook; MS Lync; Cisco Jabber; Cisco AnyConnect and associated hardware and software.
Perform related planning; installation; configuration; operations and maintenance; documentation; network coordination and engineering activities related to network services. Provide coordination with the customer's network engineers to ensure installed/LCR equipment has been documented within the network monitoring system; Network Configuration Manager (NCM) and Access Control System (ACS).
Perform off-site surveys; installation; configuration; maintenance; documentation; hardware support; and testing at CONUS and OCONUS locations; as required.
Responsible for the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of personal computers, mobile devices and related IT equipment. Establishes and maintains configuration baselines for mobile and desktop configurations to include patches, IAVA, operating systems, COTS, GOTS and in house applications. Utilize Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Active Directory to troubleshoot and deploy images. Test, build and deploy mobile solutions based on customer requirements. Requests vendor quotes for hardware, resolves incidents and acts as an interface between internal and external customers. Works with other IT professionals as directed to coordinate efforts, troubleshooting peripheral and hardware issues, resolve cross-team issues and communicate and track changes for classified, unclassified, and special communications networks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II required
- MS Windows 7/8/10 OS or later
- Linux / Android / iOS experience/macOS
- MS Office / Outlook 2010 or later
- MS SCCM experience to include experience with Operating System Deployments
- Proficient in configuration and management of mobile devices, such as tablets and phones (Android / iOS)
- Experience with MS Systems Center Service Manager (SCCM) to include experience with Operations Systems Deployments.
- Excellent communication and briefing skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Solid worth ethic and the ability to work in a mission critical environment
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to engineers with less experience
Evaluates, designs, documents, installs, implements, tests, performs problem isolation and resolution, monitors, tunes and sets standards. Maintains a complex range of computer network components and systems. Plans and coordinates major information technology initiatives. Researches, evaluates and recommends new computer network equipment and technologies. Utilizes monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to trouble shoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance and trace data and protocol activity. Devises solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment. Develops and/or executes contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages
Responsible for the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of personal computers and related IT equipment. Management of client workstation configuration including operating systems, COTS, GOTS and in-house applications. Performs intense troubleshooting and problem resolution for multiple locations and networks. Support both classified and unclassified networks. Modifies group membership, user profiles, utilizes SCCM and Active Directory to troubleshoot. Works with other IT professionals as directed to coordinate efforts, troubleshooting peripheral, hardware and network issues, resolve cross-team issues, communicates, and track changes for classified, unclassified, and special communications networks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- MS Windows 7/8/10 Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office / Outlook 2013 or 2016
- Good communications skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Detail oriented and organized
- Solid troubleshooting skills
- CompTIA Security + Certification required within 90 days of hire for DoD 8570 Compliance
- CompTIA A + and Net + Certifications preferred
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification desired
- Help Desk Institute (HDI) Certification a plus
- Prior experience providing IT support to customers in the Military &/or Medical fields
As a Senior Systems Engineer you will be responsible for design of server and application architectures.
- Performs the administrative operation and maintenance of server hardware and software.
- Maintains system security and executes practices and procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs; monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files.
- Provide technical support for multiple systems; from planning & design through deployment. These efforts include the full range of systems infrastructure engineering design; enterprise architecture standards; prototyping; integration; including; but not limited to; concept development; planning; requirements definition and analysis; systems design; integration; and deployment.
The position requires an experienced Radio or Satellite Terminal operator/maintainer who will deliver formal classroom instruction on implementation, administration, and troubleshooting of Satellite terminals, HF Radios, VHF Radios, UHF Radios, and power generation equipment. The instructor will perform the normal instructor duties associated with formal instruction, including planning and executing developmental/operational test and evaluation (DT&E and OT&E), developing and reviewing technical documents, validating and verifying technical orders, reporting and resolving performance deficiencies, and developing instructor and student training materials. Provides support as required conducting student evaluations and assessments. This includes written examinations, quizzes, practical evaluations, and other training as required. Provides input and develops customized official curriculum as directed to accurately train to the customer’s environment. Duties may also include routine system maintenance and analysis functions including: hardware configurations; adding, removing and replacing hardware components; use of hardware and software diagnostic testing tools; and cable infrastructure installation and maintenance.
***Sign-On bonus up to $10,000.00 for qualified candidates***
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.
Use this form to perform another job search
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Accessibility and Accommodations
For Individuals with Disabilities, Medical Conditions, or Physical or Mental Impairments:
General Dynamics IT is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals. General Dynamics IT provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who need assistance during any part of the employment process due to a disability, medical condition, or physical or mental impairment. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
• If you need assistance to navigate General Dynamics IT's Careers website or to apply for a position, please send an email to email@example.com or call 703-995-3003. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
• If you are selected for further consideration and need an accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please notify your Recruiting Representative. Please note that this email address and/or phone number should only be used for inquiries concerning a request for accommodation. All other inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARMA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. It is the policy of ARMA to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws. We invite and encourage former employees to explore new opportunities with us. Rejoining the company can enhance newly acquired skills and build on the strong fundamental skills developed at ARMA. Employees that return to the company may be eligible for reinstatement of some benefits based on total years of service.