Cable/Infrastructure engineers must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge of designing complex cable plans for telecommunication systems; including the layout structures for equipment installations; as well as expanding existing cabling systems. Candidates are required to solve technical engineering problems relating to secure and non-secure voice; video; data; and radio frequency cable infrastructure.
Provides installation; maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice; video; and/or data communications networks.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures network hardware and software.
3. Provides network troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Administers network security.
6. Backs up file server data/disks.
7. Provides complex server maintenance.
8. Sets up new users and deletes old users from the network.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.