2-5 years of related engineering experience.
- At least three years of experience in planning and operating FDMA; TDMA; UHF TACSAT; INMARSAT BGAN; GBS; HPW; and other commercial and military tactical satellite communications systems
- Expert knowledge of satellite ground station equipment and how to interface it with terrestrial systems (e.g.; Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) gateways and other telephony systems)
- Ability to plan and implement hybrid networks (e.g.; terrestrial; satellite; and fiber)
- Subject matter expertise in the RF theory associated with both commercial and tactical military satellite bands (e.g.; L;C;X;Ku;and Ka)
- Knowledge and experience with commercial and tactical military satellite technology architectures; standards; system; hardware and software.
- Ability to create; analyze; and process SARs; GARs; SAAs; GAAs; TSRs; and TSOs
- Knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) Communications Security (COMSEC)
- Familiarity with DoD trouble ticketing systems (e.g.; Remedy)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.