Performs installation; maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
1. Installs; maintains and repairs voice; data and wireless communications systems.
2. Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs; rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring.
3. Interprets service orders; circuit diagrams; and electrical schematics.
4. Tests; locates; and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls; and performs routine maintenance.
5. Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.