Manages the network administration and support operations for a major Division or customer; including supervising assigned professional and support staff.
Typical Duties Include:
1. Manages the administration and support of complex local and wide area networks.
2. Supervises assigned staff; which may include subordinate supervisors; in support of company/customers networked and stand-alone computer users and systems.
3. Directs staff in recognizing; identifying; isolating; and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
4. Plans and implements software and/or systems upgrades and modifications.
5. Establishes and implements policies and procedures and ensures their conformance with information systems goals and company/customer objectives.
6. Studies and projects network support resource requirements; including personnel; software; equipment; and facilities and makes recommendations to management.
7. Directs the installation; testing; and setup of new hardware and software.
8. Recommends new hardware and software as needed.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
Required Certification: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP); Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
10 years of directly related experience supporting network operations.
3-5 years of experience managing technical personnel
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS