PKI certificate authority engineers must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge of using PKI to ensure that communications between servers and devices are secure. This includes managing PKI services on servers and having an in-depth understanding of the enterprise infrastructure; to include the hardware and software used; data center design; networks; ports; load balancers; and how all these components interact.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software; coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.