- Three or more years of related experience
- Willingness to focus on engineering from a performance perspective
- Expertise in a systems or application programming language (e.g.; Java; C++)
- Knowledge of data structures and relational database systems (e.g.; Oracle; MySQL; Microsoft SQL Server; PostGres)
- Working knowledge of network and information exchange technologies (e.g.; TCP/IP; RESTful; SOAP; HTTP)
- System Engineering processes and techniques
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Strong technical writing skills
Typical duties include: ? Developing; maintaining and supporting technical infrastructure; hardware and system software components ? Performing installation; maintenance and support of system software/hardware and user support ? Configuring; debugging and supporting multiple infrastructure platforms ? Performing high-level root cause analysis for service interruption recovery and creating preventive measures ? Work as a strong contributor; and provide technical expertise. ? Stay abreast of emerging trends in information technology and help shape the work for the customer. ? Work with the government to understand their requirements and evaluate possible technical solutions.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.