Provides technical; administrative; and operational leadership to assigned projects and tasks.
At this level; the position is typically responsible for managing multiple projects and tasks and supervising more than 25 employees both exempt and non-exempt and including two or more subordinate supervisors and managers. Technical difficulty/complexity of assigned tasks/projects may also affect level selection.
1. Provides technical; administrative; and operational management of assigned projects; including contract and subcontractor management.
2. Supervises assigned staff; including subordinate managers.
3. Develops technical project plans; proposals; reports; and task order and administrative reporting.
4. Reviews future project requirements and develops strategies for future work.
5. May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks.
6. Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
7. Attends customer meetings and serves as primary client liaison.
8. Interacts with vendors; other agencies; and other client staff on behalf of the client.
9. Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
10. Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Information Systems; Computer Science; Engineering; a Mathematics- intensive discipline; or a major field of study which either provides substantial knowledge useful in managing large; complex Automated Information System (AIS) projects or is closely related to the work as described and required by the Statement of Objectives.
2. Professional certification (PMP) required.
Ten years of progressive and intensive experience in management; with at least two years of relevant experience in a position with duties commensurate to those defined in the Statement of Objectives; or five years of specialized experience in a position with duties commensurate to those defined in the Statement of Objectives. Candidates must have a working knowledge of Federal Acquisition law; regulations; policies and procedures; including substantial involvement in a major acquisition effort.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS