Supervises employees engaged in providing information system solutions and technical support in one or more functional areas.
1. Supervises employees engaged in providing information system solutions and technical support in one or more functional areas including personal computer/client server support; systems programming; applications design and development; database design and administration; information security; telecommunications and network support and administration.
2. Supervises non-exempt technicians as well as exempt professionals.
3. Develops schedules and assigns work to meet critical customer deadlines.
4. Ensures that proper records and other documentation are maintained.
5. May also perform complex IT tasks.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work experience.
5-8 years of related information systems experience.
A PMI Project Management Professional (PMP); Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL); or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) professional certification is required.
Typical duties include: ? Analyzing workflow; delegating projects; and meeting departmental goals ? Developing and monitoring performance standards ? Providing input on hiring decisions for technical staff ? Implementing and monitoring new projects ? Managing the performance of and delegating projects to team members ? Overseeing the consolidation of IT services. ? Executing project management processes and methodologies within project frameworks to ensure projects are delivered on time; within budget; adhere to high quality standards; and meet customer expectations. ? Articulating key critical path activities and understanding the technical requirements; dependencies; and tradeoffs at varying levels of system design (e.g.; logical and physical).
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS