1.Responsible for testing, implementing, deploying, maintaining and reviewing the infrastructure hardware and software that are required to effectively manage the computer network defense (CND) service provider network resources.
2. Monitors network to actively remediate unauthorized activities with in the CND infrastructure environment.
3. Will work within our CND infrastructure environment providing but not limited to; System Administration to our Linux Red Hat and Windows Environment, Host based Security System (HBSS/ESS), SPLUNK, Fidelis, and security related activities to secure and harden the CND systems.
4. Assist Engineering with new solutions through research and collaboration with other team members and determines appropriate course of action for new initiatives.
5. Implements new technology levels and projects as required.
6. Ability to work independently.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
1. 5 or more years of related systems engineering experience.
2. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
3. Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II (CSSP-IS) access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must obtain ITIL V4 Foundation within six months of hire.
4. DoD 8570 CSSP-Infrastructure Support Qualifications required.
5. Managing and Maintaining HBSS Technologies, Windows 2016 Servers, and Virtualization Concepts.
6. Ensure all information systems adhere to IA policy, procedures and structure to develop, implement, and maintain a secure information system.
7. Moderate HBSS proficiency with a focus on backend maintenance of a multi-server architecture deployment.
8. Review and implement application specific hardening guides and or DISA STIGs on an as needed basis to best meet security needs.
9. Review and update Information System Security Plans (SSP), POAM, Scans, STIGs, SSAA, SRGs, etc.
10. Additional certifications may be required, depending on job position.
11. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
12. The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.