Location: Cannon AFB, NM
The Mission Planning Systems Administrator (MPSA) - IT Specialist supports Special Operations Forces flight planning operations, facilitating Special Ops Operators the ability to deliver lethal effects. Qualified candidate will perform on-site installation, operation, and maintenance and system administration of the Special Operations Mission Planning Suite.
As a MPSA you will: Perform systems administration supporting the operation, maintenance, and installation of the Mission Planning Environment (MPE). Provide user support for numerous devices and maintain updated software/hardware configurations. Train users on software applications related to flight operations and threat environments. Troubleshoot MPE and explain solutions to users. Provide email / phone support (Tier II and Tier III) for mission planning systems deployed worldwide. Maintain network servers with current imagery and charts. Provide intuitive solutions for ever changing user support requests. Manage system updates for multiple flight planning systems for various MDS’ on a routine basis.
Typical duties include:
- Maintain installed systems with the most current Special Operations Mission Planning Environment (SOMPE) software configuration; includes upgrade installations, revision installation, replacements, monthly updates, and virus protection upgrades.
- Perform initial on site analysis of software and hardware problems found by user
- Maintain and update Geospatial Information Services (GIS) servers with the most current National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) chart and other digital map data.
- Maintain mission planning deployment kits for offsite use.
- Maintain SOMPE fly-away laptops for daily use.
- Perform system and network administrator duties on systems configured in workgroups or domain controlled configurations.
- Support unit needs during exercises, daily training, deployments, and real-world contingencies.
- Conduct platform and one-on-one application use instruction.
- Conduct routine inventories and operational checks on Depot certified MPE systems.
- Adhere to software configuration management principles set forth by the AFSOC Depot or other applicable agency.
- Provide software maintenance in the form of inspections and tests of all network and user software prior to installation.
- Produce customized map and imagery loads for users.
- Assist the site lead and component representative with advice and /or analysis as required.
- Provide software and system expertise as local site subject matter expert on platform specific Mission Planning Environments (MPE)