Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures network hardware and software.
3. Provides network troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Administers network security.
6. Backs up file server data/disks.
7. Provides complex server maintenance.
8. Sets up new users and deletes old users from the network.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
2 years exp, Bachelor’s degree (or experience in lieu of education). Experience working with Army data management systems, Windows Server 2008/2013 system administration, Server/Client environments, Active Directory and Group Policies, Red Hat Linux, VMware ESX or other Virtualization experience with direct experience in the set up and management of Windows Domains, ability to perform FISMA, DoD Directive 8500.1, 8500.2 and ensure compliance with Risk Management Framework requirements, ability to lift 35pounds, perform duties and travel in extreme weather conditions and at height (helicopter travel, mountaintops, elevated walk areas, and towers); Secret Clearance.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Contract Labor Category requirments: 2 years experience and Bachelor’s degree (or experience in lieu of education).
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting network operations.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS