Serve as a Training Instructor responsible for instructing, testing and certifying U.S. Army, Marine, Navy and civilian Unmanned Aircraft Systems maintenance students in all aspects of the Gray Eagle (MQ-1C) Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Maintainers Course; this Program of Instruction is trained under the oversight of the 2/13 Aviation Regiment and requires compliance to all standards and regulations applicable with the U.S. Army Aviation Branch. This position requires rotating shiftwork.
Instruction untilizes conference, demonstration and practical exercises and includes perfroming maintenance on UAS training equipment and devices, e.g. the "system" - aircraft, Ground Control Station (GCS), etc. Instructional subjects include aviation maintenance fundamentals and enabling skills, basic electronics, field level maintenance and operation for the Gray Eagle UAS.
Instructors must set up the equipment required for classroom and practical exercise instruction, as well as support curriculum development of instructional materials, to include exams, remedial and supplemental materials per tyhe rquirements of the government customer. Instructors shall also provide performance feedback to students verbally and in writing, grade the student’s work in accordance with government-provided references, procedures, and forms. The instructor:
1. Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for military personnel per requirement of the government customer.
1. Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers moderately complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
2. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
3. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
4. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
5. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
6. May provide work leadership for lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs.
7. Conducts research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
REQUIRED: 5-8 years of directly related experience in UAS Maintenance.
REQUIRED: Must be qualified as a maintainer for the Gray Eagle (MQ-1C) UAS with at least four years of experience with this platform.
PREFERRED: Graduate of the Army Basic Instructor Course (ABIC) or the Contractor Faculty Development Program - Instructor Course (CFDP-IC), which replaced ABIC.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS