The candidate must have excellent object oriented programming, design pattern, and visualization skills. In addition, the candidate will be involved in the development and deployment of our software solutions to various enterprise systems. This position requires the ability to design, develop, troubleshoot and debug complex software applications at the enterprise level. The candidate must be passionate about programming, quality of work, and enjoy communicating and working with end-users.
1. Creates and integrates features for secure service oriented software solutions using the latest Java technologies.
3. Communicates with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet team goals.
4. Develops cutting edge solutions to maximize the performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities of the system.
5. Provides troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production.
6. Works with development teams in an agile context as it relates to software development.
7. Experience developing applications in Java, and .Net technologies.
8. Experience with OOP, concurrency programming, design patterns, Eclipse, Visual Studio, 2D/3D visualization, GUI development and service oriented architectures.
9. Experience with ESRI, ArcGIS, Oracle, VMWare, Jira and Java.
10. Experience with networks, and knowledge of big data solutions such as Hadoop and Cloudera.
11. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
12. May perform network administration duties.
13. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
14. Serves as technical team or task leader.
15. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
16. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related software development experience.
Experience with geographic locations of interest is a benefit.
Knowledge of OSI layers 1-3 is a plus.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS