Senior Systems Administrator
Fort Huachuca, Arizona
General Dynamics is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator who will be responsible for the infrastructure of a mixed-use data center supporting integration supporting integration, testing, and cyber security of the DCGS-A family of products.
As a Senior Systems Administrator, you will be part of a team that designs, develops, and maintains IT infrastructure to further evolve the Web Oriented Architecture and enable continuous improvement of DCGS-A products.
Specifically, you will:
- Work in a primarily Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2 environment ensuring continuous access to capabilities for all supported users as well as SQL database.
- Directly support all basic user administration functions including client and end point device support.
- Assist with a team in planning, designing, and deploying computer baseline settings using Army Golden Master (AGM) server 2012 R2 / Windows 7.
- Support the Operating System (OS) provisioning / patching infrastructure (WDS, IAVA, WSUS, SCCM, ect.) as it applies to mandatory security updates to the enterprise in addition to offering recommendations for improving/enhancing the current software distribution processes and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining hardware and infrastructure systems primarily consisting of standalone Dell servers, UCS blade storage, Netapp storage, and Cisco networking
- Participate in cross-functional teams and help debug system issues across the infrastructure.
- Gain or improve working familiarity with other data center / enterprise technologies (VMware, Linux, ect.) and IA requirements (RMF, DICAP, ODAA) as needed.
- A Technical Bachelor's degree and 5-8 years of professional work experience is required.
- At least 1 year of experience with an automated patching system i.e. IAVA, WSUS, SCCM, Altirus, or Puppet.
- Demonstrated experience working in a VMware virtualized DoD environment.
- In-depth working knowledge of enterprise supporting operating systems i.e. Microsoft Windows 7, 10, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, or Linux.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Active Directory Group Policies, Exchange, and other Windows Server roles.
- Must be a self-starter, willing to take complete ownership of complex technical problems
- Should be able to think clearly and articulate with appropriate level of abstraction his/her thought process on complex technological issues.
- Experience in creating technical documentation.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 qualified on first day of work. (Baseline and computing environment certifications).
- TS/SCI Required
- At least 1 year experience with SQL database.
- MCSE or other related Microsoft certification.
- CCNA or other networking certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LAN topology, routers, hubs, switches, and network protocols (TCP/IP, IPX).
- Working Knowledge of storage systems and automation.
- Experience scripting (VBScript, batch files, InstallScript, Wise Script, etc.).
- Experience in Sharepoint Server Administration.
- Familiarity of Project Management Principals.
*** All applicants must possess a current Top Secret/SCI security clearance.***