The Principal Network Engineer (Voice) works as part of a Network Enterprise Team, to provide network analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and data communications for two networks. This position will primarily focus on the voice network architecture and operations, telecommunications infrastructure design and development, voice network support and services, voice technology integration, and network capacity planning for voice and video communications. The Principle Network Engineer will design, review, analyze, and maintain voice communications systems, provide suggestions in voice communications software and hardware solutions and ensure uninterrupted access to all voice and video features. Responsible for the long-term planning for voice networks, including circuit forecasts, traffic studies, budgets and other network performance reports. Plans new routing revisions to ensure the network databases are consistent with network plans. Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
Security + Certification required
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) - Required; CCNA - Voice preferred; Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP) - preferred
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS