Network Administrator - Tampa, FL - Active TS/SCI is required
Network Administrator. Monitoring, management, troubleshooting, technical advisement, and reporting status of Program of Record systems (e.g. SDN-L/M/H, VX-L, V3B, and BGAN). Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
- First responder taking calls from SOF Deployable Node technicians assxiting with their network issues and must be able to troubleshoot, investigate, resolve and execute escalation of problems in a timely response.
- Maintain a network consisting of primarily Cisco routers and switches.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Support all VPN services; to include the provision; monitoring; and management of methods for remote users and mission partners to securely connect to the NIPRNET; SIPRNET; and JWICS; to include dedicated site-to-site VPN connectivity on a shared public IP network and compliance with and adherence to industry-/Internet-based standards for security to create and preserve privacy; data integrity; and authenticity
- Ensure full interoperability and a seamless connection between all internal and external systems to include; but not limited to; DISN Video Services -Global (DVS-G); NIPRNET; SIPRNET; and JWICS
- Provide detailed network documentation
- Responsible for the analysis; administration and support of voice; video; and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes; administers and maintains voice; video; and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice; video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software; including peripheral; output; and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- This position will require shift, weekend, holiday work.
CCNA certification required
DoDD 8570 IAT Level II certification required (i.e. Security+)
ITIL Foundations certification preferred
2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support required.
Skills Required include:
- Strong troubleshooting background in networking and communications equipment
- Tech Control skills
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting encryption devices (e.g. KG-250, KG-255. etc).
- Stage IOS code in preparation for planned hardware upgrades.
- Strong communication skills (written & oral)
- Ability to deal with customers at all levels in stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize and dynamically re-task response and recovery actions as situations change
- Recent experience with military cryptographic equipment
Knowledge Required includes:
- Advanced and specialized training in Cisco and HP network administration
- Firm grasp of layer 2 switching and layer 3 routing and will be asked to design complex routing and switching schemes to support a changing environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in EIGRP; STP; VTP; ACLs; IP subnetting and Layer 3 tunnels and must understand how to monitor network devices to perform fault and root cause analysis
- Familiarity with military deployed environments
- Understand change management procedures to include scheduling outages in advance with the Government and coordinating with impacted sites/functions
- Respond to trouble calls and be able to determine and implement appropriate fix action and document all actions in accordance with established policies
- Knowledge of cable protocol/standards
- Familiarity with server hardware; communication systems; and intelligence information systems
- Working knowledge of encryptors
- This position will require shift and weekend work
- The work is typically performed in an office environment.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS