General Dynamics Health Solutions/ARMA would like to meet candidates interested in human performance and behavioral health careers. Schedule a time to talk to us at one of our Virtual Job Fairs, Oct. 24-26. Please schedule a time that works best for you. Interviews can be done from the comfort of your home, car or on a work break. We are excited to talk with you!!
Click here to set up your virtual interview.
General Dynamics Health Solutions/ ARMA has an opening supporting the DOD Human Performance and Behavioral Health Services.
GD Health Solutions/ARMA have an exciting opportunity for individuals who are interested in supporting warriors with increased combat effectiveness, resiliency to show a measurable reduction in down time and create optimal performance on the targets. Additionally, this position will help to support and build stable families and support systems.
The Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) shall function across the spectrum of the HP program by providing and facilitating injury prevention, basic acute care, effective rehabilitative care, and performance enhancement. The ATC shall provide and perform the following services in support of HP program for designated personnel, with the priority on Operators and Support personnel:
- Provide HP services within the ATC’s scope of practice as defined by the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA).
- Design and fabricate protective pads, equipment and braces to help prevent and treat injuries, including the use of taping techniques within the ATC’s scope of practice.
- Provide instruction and guidance within the ATC’s scope of practice.
- Participate in periodic meetings to review the care provided to patients and identifies opportunities for improvement. Should a meeting occur outside of regular working hours, the ATC is responsible for reviewing the information disseminated.
- Serve as an advisor to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in matters related to injury prevention, sports medicine, rehabilitation, and bridging.
- Serve as an advisor to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator for administrative matters, purchasing of supplies and equipment, and supplemental fiscal requests.
- Collaborate throughout the HP program to enhance the quality of patient care delivered.
- Conduct equipment, product, and literature reviews to ensure HP stays current with the provision of care.
- Participate in quarterly peer (record) reviews for non-privileged healthcare providers.
- Attend and participate in meetings with other staff members and medical personnel as requested and/or required.
- Assist the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing and updating criteria-based job descriptions and performance standards.
- Assist the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing and maintaining clinical practice guidelines to ensure consistency of care across all Human Performance Training Centers (HPTCs).
- Assist with the preparation of short and long-term fiscal plans. Submit input to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Develop and promulgate training materials as requested and required by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Ensure safe and effective operation of equipment used for patient care and contributes to a safe working environment.
- Attend required training in accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow for attendance at necessary conferences or courses to complete continuing education units required to maintain certification.
- Perform clinical and administrative tasks as assigned by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Document care provided, work performed, utilization, referrals, and all other information in the Military’s Electronic Health Record (i.e., AHLTA, GENESIS, etc.) and/or the HP Enterprise-wide database (i.e., SPEAR), as directed by HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by management staff.
- Perform other tasks, within the scope of the ATC position description, as assigned by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Collect and report all data as requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by management staff.
- Literately utilize computers, software, and technologies as required and requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by management staff.