General Dynamics Health Solutions/ARMA would like to meet candidates interested in human performance and behavioral health careers. Schedule a time to talk to us at one of our Virtual Job Fairs, Oct. 24-26. Please schedule a time that works best for you. Interviews can be done from the comfort of your home, car or on a work break. We are excited to talk with you!!
Click here to set up your virtual interview.
General Dynamics Health Solutions/ ARMA has an opening supporting the DOD Human Performance and Behavioral Health Services.
GD Health Solutions/ARMA have an exciting opportunity for individuals who are interested in supporting warriors with increased combat effectiveness, resiliency to show a measurable reduction in down time and create optimal performance on the targets. Additionally, this position will help to support and build stable families and support systems.
The primary responsibility of the Strength & Conditioning Advisor is to administer and refine effective strength and conditioning protocols designed to maximize the physical performance of designated personnel, with the priority on Operators and Support personnel.
The Strength & Conditioning Advisor shall provide and perform the following services in support of HP program for designated personnel, with the priority on Operators and Support personnel:
- Design, administer, evaluate, refine, and document the effects of physical training protocols under the supervision of the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Use basic statistics and analytics to track and report on the effects of the Strength and Conditioning portion of the HP program to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and HP staff.
- Conduct and demonstrate ongoing coordination and analyses of training programs with the HP staff to ensure a safe and expeditious return to training of personnel recovering from injury.
- Supervise the designing and implementation of physical training programs for personnel who are TDY/TAD or deployed under the supervision of the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Use software and technologies to quickly develop and implement efficient S&C program creation.
- Demonstrate and provide instruction and guidance on physical training, exercises, movements, and injury avoidance.
- Refer all personnel with an apparent new or undiagnosed medical condition to a medical provider for evaluation and treatment.
- Assist the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing facility standard operating procedures, guidelines, and training protocols including the safe use of strength and conditioning equipment.
- Participate in periodic meetings to review and evaluate physical training programs and identify opportunities for improvement. If a meeting occurs outside of regular working hours, the SCS is responsible for reviewing the information disseminated in meetings.
- Participate in periodic in-service training for members of the HP staff and/or staff as appropriate.
- Attend required training in accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow attendance at the necessary conferences or courses to complete the continuing education units required to maintain professional certifications.
- Perform administrative duties such as maintaining records of utilization, workload, conducting or participating in education programs, and participating in clinical staff quality assurance functions.
- Develop and promulgate training materials as requested and required by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Assist with supply inventories and provide input regarding supply needs for the HP program.
- Attend and participate in meetings with other staff members and medical personnel as requested and/or required.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities are properly organized and utilized, and are in safe working condition.
- Perform other tasks, within the scope of the SCS position description, as assigned by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
- Collect and report all data as requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by management staff.
- Literately utilize computers, software, and technologies as required and requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required management staff.