Responsible for Network Operations Monitoring and Reporting.
Provide Leadership and Oversight of Shifts and Network Operations.
Troubleshoots voice, video, wireless, and/or data communications network transport.
1. Monitors, reports, and triages, voice, video, wireless, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Assists with providing network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. Provides technical support and troubleshooting to users and performs network administration duties.
6. Provides training and documentation for Network Operations and continuity.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Provides SOP's and TTP's and maintains Network Operations Monitoring and Reporting Documentation and Reports.
10. Analyses and forecasts network transport issues.
11. Works in tandem and across various areas including but not limited to: Networking, Desktop, Data Center, Knowledge Management, Application Development, Deployable Tactical Systems, Executive Communications, and Audio Visual Service and Support.
12. Works to support Executive and Mobile Communications.
13. Updates and assesses network reporting tools and maintains accurate data bases.
14. Participates in special projects as required.