General Dynamics Health Solutions/ ARMA has an opening supporting the DOD POTFF Program:
The Sports Dietitian provides guidance and counseling on nutritional practices to enhance recovery and optimize performance.
The contractor Sports Dietitian performs administrative and clinical duties within their scope of practice. The position is under the administrative supervision of the HPP manager.
The contractor Sports Dietitian shall perform the following responsibilities:
- Provides nutritional planning and counseling that is guided by evidence-based peer-reviewed literature.
- Advises the chain of command on issues pertinent to military personnel’s nutrition.
- Provides individual or group counseling for guidance on nutrition and healthy lifestyle habits.
- Designs and implements nutritional programs for military personnel in garrison, TAD/TDY and deployed.
- Develops nutritional protocols and guidelines to enhance military personnel’s rehabilitation and performance. Collaborates with the HPP Manager and SMO for implementation of new protocols and guidelines.
- Assists other regional military personnel assets with nutritional consultation and support as requested by the HPP Manager and approved by the chain of command.
- Participates in meetings with other HPP staff members as requested.
- Ensures that adequate educational materials and sports nutrition specific supplies are available. Assists with supply inventories. Provides input on supply needs.
- Ensures that equipment and facilities under the purview of the Sports Nutritionist are in safe working condition and are properly utilized.
- Ensures that records are updated as required. Assists in data collection as requested by the HPP Manager.
- Participates in periodic in-service training for members of the HPP Staff. Attends required training in accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow for attendance at the necessary conferences or courses to complete continuing education units required to maintain professional certifications.
- Performs administrative duties, which may include maintaining records of workload, participating in education programs, and participating in clinical staff quality assurance functions.
- Participates in peer (record) reviews as directed.