Network Administrator. Performs on-site or in-house servicing, repairs and/or installations of customer-owned products. Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
- Maintain a network consisting of primarily Cisco routers and switches.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Support all VPN services, to include the provision, monitoring, and management of methods for remote users and mission partners to securely connect to the NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and JWICS, to include dedicated site-to-site VPN connectivity on a shared public IP network and compliance with and adherence to industry-/Internet-based standards for security to create and preserve privacy, data integrity, and authenticity
- Ensure full interoperability and a seamless connection between all internal and external systems to include, but not limited to, DISN Video Services -Global (DVS-G), NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and JWICS
- Provide detailed network documentation
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
This position supports 24/7 network operations - shift and weekend work will be required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- DoDD 8570 IAT Level II certification required (i.e. Security+CE)
- CCNA certification required
- ITIL Foundations certification preferred
2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS