Asset Managers require extensive experience with gathering detailed hardware and software inventory information to develop and maintain an effective asset management program. Asset Managers support activities to manage IT assets in classified and unclassified domains, navigate procedural and policy boundaries to conduct on-site inventory of assets across the enterprise, identify and remove obstacles to the completion of asset inventories, follow established procedures for the decommissioning of IT assets, and manage supplies. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, business management and customer service skills.
● Joining financial, contractual, and inventory functions in support of new material purchases and capital equipment replacement
● Working directly with the Government to maintain a seamless transition from the creation of purchase orders, to the delivery of assets, to the disposal of end of life items
● Maintaining the accuracy of Configuration Items (CIs) in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
● Developing and maintaining processes for managing and tracking the full IT asset, license, and maintenance life cycle, from procurement to retirement
● Defining, maintaining, and updating policies and procedures for effective management of the IT asset life cycle (e.g., acquisition, deployment, utilization, de-installation, reallocation, and disposal)
● Tracking and maintaining an accurate inventory of assets throughout their life cycle
● Auditing, validating, and reconciling software licenses against the installed asset base
● Providing subject matter expertise for personal computer (PC), network, and server licensing
● Planning for the population of the asset database
● Managing the asset database
● Ensuring regular housekeeping of the asset database
● Working closely with the Government to ensure policy compliance and asset maintenance
● Identifying opportunities to fully utilize unused or partially used IT hardware and software assets
● Defining metrics, collecting data, and reporting on the effectiveness of IT asset management processes
● Ensuring that the CMDB and asset database are highly accurate
● Researching licensing models, product use rights, as well as licensing metrics and entitlements for vendor-published desktop software assets
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science, Statistics or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Required Certification: Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certification (ITIL Foundation)
0-2 years of related statistics/data analysis experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS