Cable/Infrastructure engineers must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge of designing complex cable plans for telecommunication systems; including the layout structures for equipment installations; as well as expanding existing cabling systems. Candidates are required to solve technical engineering problems relating to secure and non-secure voice; video; data; and radio frequency cable infrastructure.
Provides installation; maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice; video; and/or data communications networks.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures network hardware and software.
3. Provides network troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Administers network security.
6. Backs up file server data/disks.
7. Provides complex server maintenance.
8. Sets up new users and deletes old users from the network.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting network operations.
Security Plus certification or an equivalent DoD 8570 Certification is required; Typical duties include: ? Developing and maintaining IT wiring diagrams ? Solving issues related to cables and networks ? Testing and terminating cables
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS